Pages

Saturday, January 12, 2013

My outfit must-haves

the basics



Hey y'all! I'm back again to talk to you guys about some items you MUST have in your closet. I find that I buy all these items that I just fall in love with and when the time comes to put together an outfit I just stare into my closet lost. I have recently discovered that I am shopping all wrong, (and here I was thinking that I was a pro-shopper) yes get those items that you fall in love with but do not  forget the basics. The key to looking put together and polished is layering. So here I have my favorite layering pieces:
1.The basic tee- This is a must! You should have a variety of colors and patterns, these can be worn under jackets, blazers and chambrays. You can dress them up with a cute hi-low skirt or dress down with a pair of jeans and a scarf.
2. The blazer-  I am seriously addicted to blazers. I have them in almost every color and cut. The blazer is a great item to have because of its versatility. I can dress up a pair of jeans or give structure to a skirt. Blazers also look great over a body con dress just add pumps and you are ready for a night out.
3. The chambray shirt- This has become one of my favorite items in my closet. I wear mine with everything. You can wear a chambray alone as a top with colored skinnies or tucked into a skirt. You can also layer a chambray over a tank or tee and leave it unbottoned..try it!!
4. The dark wash skinny jean- I love a dark wash skinny because to me they look more chic than a lighter wash. You can dress your skinny jeans up with a blazer and cute loafer or dress down with a  cute top and pair of riding boots. 



No comments:

Post a Comment